Microgimbal is a gyroscopic platform that incorporates the latest in stabilization systems for sports cameras
This platform is designed exclusively for two-wheeled vehicles and has an axis called roll stabilization
This equipment has evolved through the work of our betatester, we have helped to understand the reactions of both machine and the user needs
Microgimbal is optimized for two-wheelers vehicles. Our experience manufacturing gimbals for drones has allowed us to create a compact and reliable product.
Then we will see some differences between the Gimbals for drones and Microgimbal:
Usually, a drone need an equipment of multi-axis stabilization with the minimum possible weight. To achieve this, smaller engines with enough force are installed, to move the camera without case.
Microgimbal has been designed to work with sports cameras with carcasses, and only one axis stabilization. For that, we have incorporated an engine, whose power supports the force generate by these vehicle.
Only Microgimbal provides quality and image stabilization that other manufacturers have not been able, to do this, we have been very careful with the materials and manufacturing methods.
- Cameras compatible with Microgimbal:
Others camera, consult:
Micro Gimbal works with 11,1 or 12 volts and consumes less than one ampere
Our initial idea, to make this equipment is to be flexible to the needs of each user.
Therefore the battery is not part of the design equipment. The battery is something necessary for its operation, but not necessary condition where it belongs. With this concept, we also avoid that the useful life of the battery go together to go the gimbal.
Next present a couple of options to power the equipment.
- External lithium battery 11,1 volts. This option is ideal for bicycle, especially because they are very light and anchored anywhere flanged or Velcro. It also allows the gimbal mount in a harness or to vary its position site as long as the battery accompany him somewhere nearby, or with any extension cable.
- It owns a motorcycle battery 12 volt lead is perfect to power the equipment. There is only that which we can draw two cables to the gimbal
You can buy a Micro Gimbal equipment without battery or with battery and charge. This way, we not are forcing anyone to pay for something you do not need.
If you want to use a lithium battery, you will also need a specific charger.
These chargers can be purchased at hobby shops or model shops and there are many models. We have preferred to serve a type of simple charge that does not need power supply for charging.
Below we inform the general rules to follow when using lithium batteries:
These batteries are more special than usual, give very good performance with low weight and size, but are also more delicate than lead batteries or any normal battery
Lithium Battery, Operating instructions and safety:
Rules to follow to avoid dangers or malfunctions:
- Use only chargers specific to lithium batteries. Otherwise it may cause a fire resulting in injury or materials damage.
- Never charge lithium batteries without being present. You should always monitor the process to react to any problems.
- If at any time notes that a lithium battery swells or liquid spilled, disconnect it and watch it for 15 minutes in a sage place. This could cause the ignition of the battery due to chemical components. The place to observe this must be a safe area outside of any building and away from any combustible materials.
- Be very careful that the two battery terminals are NEVER touched, this will cause a short- circuit and could cause the battery to catch on fire. Likewise, be very careful that the short-circuit is not caused by connecting the terminals through rings or bracelets that you are wearing to manipulate, It can cause serious injury.
- Battery which has suffered a blow, short-circuit or other problem can catch on fire even after 10 or 15 minutes of this fact occurred. Quickly take the battery to a safe place as we have described in point 3 and observe for 15 minutes.
- In case of shock, you should be observed for 15 minutes the battery in a safe place as we have described in point 3.
- If for any reason you must cut the battery terminals, do it one by one to avoid the risk of short-circuit.
- Never store you batteries in vehicles or in places where they can reach high temperatures. Extreme temperatures can cause the fire of the battery.
- Never charge batteries without watch them.
- Charge the batteries in a safe and isolated area of any flammable material.
- Let the battery cool at ambient temperature before beginning to load.
- NEVER CHARGE BATTERIES IN SERIES. Load each pack individually. Doing so in series can cause that battery charger is not properly recognized and configured with incorrect parameters that may damage the battery or make it burn.
- Do not overload the batteries, it can cause a fire.
- Be careful when selecting the charger, always numbers of elements that have the battery as shown on the sticker bearing the battery. Select an incorrect number and start the charge may cause the battery fire.
Storage and transport:
- Store batteries at temperatures between 4 ºC and 27 ºC to keep them in perfect condition.
- Do not expose the batteries to direct sunlight for long periods of time.
- When carrying the batteries, the temperature should always be between -5ºC and 51 ºC
- Keep batteries in places with temperatures above 51 C may damage the battery and cause fire.
- Always charge lithium batteries with a good specific charger. Use a cheap poor quality charger can be dangerous and damage the battery quickly.
- Set carefully the voltage and current load on the appropriate charger for each pack. Making a mistake can cause a fire or damage to the battery.
- Never discharge a battery below 3 V per element, it can cause fire and ruin the battery. To this must be careful not to exhaust more than they should. Using devices cutting low voltage or drives specially designed for lithium batteries.
- Be very careful NOT TO PUNCTURE any pack or lithium batteries, can cause fire.
Battery care on temperature and operation:
- During charging: 0 ºC to 45 ºC
- During discharge: 0 ºC to 51 ºC
- Let cool the lithium battery to room temperature before starting the charge.
- During the operation and charging lithium batteries, never exceeding 51 ºC heat.
End of life of the lithium batteries:
When the battery capacity has decreased to 30 % should be discarded. To do this, download it to 30% volts per elements, isolate their terminals, wrap in plastic and return it to a recycling center.